Sunday, March 17, 2013

I am Unique


There are only so many things as a teacher you can come up with that are fun and creative using the letter Uu!  The one thing I LOVE teaching each year is the word "unique"

Typically the children have never heard of the word before and they all think it sounds "cool"  :)

I read a few books that I read in the beginning of the year about making friends and how each of us are different.    Chrysanthemum, What I like about Me, and Giraffes Can't Dance.

I then read to them the definition of unique from a children's dictionary

  Something or someone unlike anything or anyone else. Very special. One of a kind.

We talked about how we are unique.  We discussed the meaning of being one of a kind.  It's a great lesson for TK'ers as they are just 5 months away from heading off to Kindergarten where they will meet 20 something other unique kiddos!

I tied the letter Uu formation in by having the kids use the letter Uu for their eyes, nose, and mouth.  From there they created themselves...  unique, one of a kind, very special kids.















0 comments:

Post a Comment